Florida State University
99 Great Russell Street is the home of Florida State University’s London Study Centre, a Grade II Listed Georgian terraced townhouse constructed circa 1960. Originally built by Thomas Tufton, the Earl of Thanet, as his grand terrace home (Thanet House), comprising a basement with four storeys – the fourth storey being a 19th century addition. Works were designed to restore and preserve the traditional historic features of the building.
Our works included:
- Remedial work to gauged brick arches on rear elevation.
- Helibeam structural reinforcement system to stabilise brickwork over openings.
- Helibar crack stitch using single strand stainless steel bars set in grout to isolated areas.
- Tie and pin back brick arches using dryfix ties.
- Resin injection using Crackbond TE to brickwork fractures.
- Locally point defective joints to isolated areas in lime mortar to match original.
- All remedial work areas ‘sootwashed’ to match surrounding brickwork.